- March 14, 2017
- Posted by: Brightpoint InfoTech
- Category: Blogs
- Download Azure PowerShell – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=320376&clcid=0x409and install and configure it.
2. Run the command “Add-AzureAccount” and provide Azure ID user name/password to connect to a default Azure subscription.
3. Create a new Azure Service Bus namespace using the command –
New-AzureSBNamespace -Name mynamespace -Location “East US” -CreateACSNamespace $true -NamespaceType Messaging.
Once you run the above command, you will get the AcsManagementEndpoint, ServiceBusEndpoint, ConnectionString, SharedSecretIssuer save it, as it will be use during the GP companion App Services installation.
Create self-signed certificate on IIS
- Open IIS, click on server name and click on server certificates.
- From the right side click on create self-signed certificate and enter the name and click ok
Installation of GP companion App Services
1.Go to Dynamics GP installation folder and open the setup file.
2. From the Dynamics GP Installation, click on companion application Services and select install on Additional products section.
3. If it will ask for installation of run time libraries install it.
4. Accept the license agreement and click on next.
5. Click on install and installation process will start once the installation process is finished click on exit.
6. Go to the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP Companion App Services and open the configuration.
7.You will see the companion application services configurator then click on next.
8.Enter the Service name, issuer name and issuer key which you have got during the creation of azure service bus, this will be available on SharedSecretIssuer section and the issuer name will be owner and service name will be the same which you have given at the time of the creation.
9.From the certificate dropdown select the certificate you have created on IIS and click on next.
10.You will see the business analyser on the companion application services and that should be enabled and click on next.
11.Select the report which you want to enable on the business analyser.
Note – The reports should be deployed on the GP whichever you want to see on the Business analyser.
How to deploy Excel reports – http://dynamicsgpguide.blogspot.in/2017/02/deploy-excel-reports-dynamics-gp-2016-r2.html
How to deploy SSRS reports – http://dynamicsgpguide.blogspot.in/2017/02/ssrs-reports-deployment-dynamics-gp.html
12.If you have selected the excel report it will ask you the shared path on which the reports are deployed enter the shared path location and click next.
13.If you have selected the SSRS reports then it will ask the web service URL, enter the web service URL. If you have deployed the report on specific folder on SSRS then you have to give the folder name also and click on next. It will start the process of configuration.
14.Once the process is finished you will see the connection information, save the connection information on notepad for the use it and click on exit.
15.You will have to install the business analyser on windows 8 from windows store and open it.
16. Take your mouse on left side bottom you will see the settings, click on settings. Once you click on settings you will see the configuration option, click on configuration.
17. Click on off the sample report mode.
18. Enter the domain user id and password and enter the service connection which you got when companion configuration completed and click on connect.
19.Once the connection is completed you will see the nice look of the business analyser reports.