- April 23, 2021
- Posted by: Brightpoint InfoTech
- Category: Blogs
Web client runtime components installation
1. Go to the setup file folder and double click on the setup or right click on click open on the setup.
2. Click on install – Microsoft Dynamics GP.
3. Select the instance name and click next.
4. Click on add/remove features.
5. Select web client runtime and click next.
6. Click on install and the installation process will start. Once the installation process is finished click on exit.
Creation of Security groups
1. Open Server Manager. Click Tool in the right corner of Server Manager and then select Computer Management.
2. In the Computer Management windows, expand Local Users and Groups and select Groups. Right click on it and click on New Group.
3. Enter the Group name for Web client users.
4. Create new group for the web client admins using the same steps as users.
5. After you create two groups, you will see both groups on the groups on Local Users and Groups
Internet Information Services (IIS) and ASP.NET
Internet Information Services (IIS) and ASP.NET Internet Information Services (IIS) and ASP.NET must be installed on the web server on which you will be installing the Microsoft Dynamics GP web client.
1. Open Server Manager. Click Manage in the right corner of Server Manager and then select Add roles and features.
2. Click on next once you see the below page.
3. Choose Role-based or feature-based installation, and then click next.
4. Select your server from the server pool, and then click Next.
5. Mark Web Server (IIS) and then click Next.
6. Click on Add features.
7. Select the features to install. Select ASP.NET 4.5 In the WCF Services group under .NET Framework 4.5 Features, select HTTP Activation.
8. The screen for the Web Server Role (IIS) is displayed. Click Next.
9. Select the role services to install for the web server.
In Common HTTP Features:
• Static Content
• Default Document
• Windows Authentication
In Application Development:
• ASP.NET 4.5
Other role services will already be marked. Some are marked by default. Click Next.
- Click Install. The roles, features, and role services will be added.
- Once the installation is finished click on close.
Creation of security certificates
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. In the left pane, select the computer name.
3. In the IIS group, open Server Certificates.
4.Click on Create self-Signed Certificate from the right side.
5.Specify the certificate name and click on ok, new self-signed certificate will be created.
6.In the left pane, expand the Sites group. Within the Sites group, select the site that you are configuring to use SSL. For example, select the Default Web Site.
7. In the Actions pane, click Bindings.
8. In the Site Binding window, click Add.
9. In the Add Site Bindings window, select https for the type, and then choose an SSL certificate that you created and click on ok.
10.Click on close.
Web client installation
1.Go to the setup file folder and double click on the setup or right click on click open on the setup.
2. Click on web client from Additional products.
3.Accept the License Agreement.
4.Click on custom.
5.Select the features that you want to install. On the web server machine, you will typically install the Web Server, Session Central, Web Site, and the Web Management Console and click on next.
6.Enter the SQL server instance name and keep the database name as default.
Specify the SQL server credentials.
7.Select the authentication type as windows account and click on next.
8.Select the web client users group and the web client management console users, which we have created earlier.
9.Click on next.
10.Enter the sa user id and password and specify the Dex.ini and dynamics. Set path. Keep default if you have not specified any path.
11.Re-enter the sa password again.
12.Select the certificate which we have created earlier and enter the domain user id and password.
13.Select the website name and enter the domain credentials and click next.
14.Click on next.
15.Select the website name and enter the domain credentials and click next.
16.Select the certificate, which we have created earlier, and enter the domain user id and password and click next.
17.Select the certificate which we have created earlier and click next.
18.Select the certificate which we have created earlier and enter the domain user id and password.
19.Select the certificate which we have created earlier and enter the domain user id and password.
20.Click on install and the installation process will start.
21.At the Welcome screen, click next.
22. Specify the type of authentication you want to use to connect to the SQL Server where the database for the Session Central Service database is located. Click Next to continue.
23. Review the configuration actions that will be performed. Click Next to continue.
24. Click Exit.
25. Restart the Session Central Service for the Microsoft Dynamics GP web client installation. You must do this on the machine where you installed the SessionCentral Service, typically the machine that is hosting the web site. This step is necessary to allow the Session Central Service to establish communication with the session host machine.